This three year, virtual programme has been specifically designed for those who are currently, or aspiring to be, involved in the football industry.
From professional football players to those in player facing support roles, this course will be of interest to anyone who works or volunteers in football across all levels of the game.
Delivered online the programme reflects the multi-disciplinary nature of the football industry to provide a diverse and unique programme which combines learning in key areas such as leadership, talent development and psychology with practical business skills and an understanding of the interaction across various football departments.
This is a practical course which builds on your experiences within the game and, by following a blended learning approach, it allows you to combine your studies with your existing football commitments or employment. You will develop strong skills relating to the business of football and facilitate your career progression into a wide range of roles across football, sport or business.
Year 1: Modules
- Academic Research
- Skills & Study Skills
- Introduction to Football Coaching
- Introduction to Leadership
- Introduction to Psychology/Media
- Contemporary Issues in Media
Year 2: Modules
- High Performance Culture
- Research Methods
- Talent ID Development
- Football Support Departments
- Advanced Football Coaching Practice
- Managing Others and Mentoring
Year 3: Modules
- Dissertation Project
- Football Governance Professional Practice
- Football Corporate, Social, Responsibility
- Sport Coaching Issues & Ethical Dilemmas
- Managing Others